Monday, March 19, 2012

Fooling My Eye - Jump From Paper

It's a funny thing... sometimes the way to my heart is by fooling my eye.

 That's what happened the first time I saw the bags from Jump From Paper.  I was surprised.  I was puzzled.  I was enchanted.

 I smiled.

How could you not smile.  Your brain sees something that says it is 3 dimensional but your mind says "No!  It's only a drawing in 2D!  How can this work???"

Silly brain - just look closer!



Here's their story -


JumpFromPaper™ is a playful and innovative line of handbags created by Taipei-based design duo, Chay Su and Rika Lin.


One cozy afternoon, the two girls were chatting, when they got to sketching their dream designer handbag. A surprising idea popped up – “How amazing it would be if a two-dimensional hand-drawn illustration could come to life as a real bag!” They explored every possibility, rendering fantasy handbags in perspective, and giving birth to JumpFromPaper™.
Cartoon-like outlines and bright and cheerful colors add a brisk yet funky flavor. And despite the slim appearance, each JumpFromPaper™ bag has a roomy interior to accommodate personal belongings and even a laptop.







































Even knowing and seeing the close ups, my mind is in turmoil.  I love it!!!

I think my favorite is "Cheese!" camera bag style (below) but all for their designs - make sure to see them all - are adorable!




Now, to find a Lichtenstein to complete the set....


6 comments:

Megan said...

I have a red one.

http://thefashionablebureaucrat.blogspot.ca/2012/02/day-off.html

It blows my mind.

WendyB said...

I can't stop staring at these!

Pearl said...

CHEESE!!! <3 LOl x

damia said...

These are sooooo neat!!! And fab.com is having a sale on them... soooo tempting!

TheShoeGirl said...

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!

Crystal-k said...

So cute!

I found!

http://www.flutterscape.com/product/no/25531/jump-from-paper-play-hooky