Thursday, September 29, 2011

Crafty Crafterson

I would not call myself a "crafting" type of person.  I like to make stuff for myself sometimes but not all the time.  Generally, I just don't have the time, the space or the patience.  But every once in a while I get in the mood and spend the whole day churning out a bunch of project.

And I have to admit this is a Pinterest-fueled post.   I saw a bunch of cute ideas on there, ran to Michael's and bought a whole ton of stuff to make.

I started off easy with a fun centerpiece.  I love that I can switch out the contents each month - chestnuts in November, cranberries in December, etc.

That took just a few minutes, but then it got out of hand as I dug though all my supplies and pulled stuff out.  I have now determined I have waaaayyy too much stuff.  Dang!
Shakers for my glitter = more glitter manicures to follow

Storage for my nail plates - a simple project.

I've had this piece of black coral since I was a kid.  It became a necklace for my neighbor.

And this necklace went to the little girl across the street.


1 embroidery hoop and 40 yards of black tulle later and I have my new favorite wreath for Halloween.
The Fall wreath was simple - a wreath hoop and two strings of the faux fall leaves.  Wired on and I added a ribbon too. Done!


A gaggle of ghostie pins for me and my friends...

I actually did 3 other projects too (11 in all!) if you can believe it but those are going to have to come in a separate post. I was exhausted by Sunday night!

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog love the centerpiece ideas. Can't wait to look at your other ideas.

Rhonda

cedarvillestore.com

Anonymous said...

**enthusiastically clapping** I love being crafty!! I will be able to do more crafty stuff when my craft/sewing room gets cleaned & arranged... I can't wait cuz it will be fabulous!! Thanks for sharing & inspiring me to get my room done!!

Frances