Sunday, May 8, 2011

Imitation = Flattery?

I happened to go into DSW today as a part of my black patent espadrille shoe search and noticed these shoes.



They are from the Miss America collection and called "Izzy".  I find it interesting that a brand that requires the contestants meet their "character criteria" (which mainly seems to be, from what I can find, not being married or having a child), is not above stealing the designs of another brand.


Because when I saw the above, I immediately recognized the source: Tabitha Simmons "Betsy" Sandal from Spring/Summer 2010.




No congeniality awards will be given here.



2 comments:

WendyB said...

Ha ha! Love your last line. The original sure is 100X more beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I don't think these are similar enough to be called a copy - inspiration, sure but not copied. Anyway I agree that the Tabitha Simmons are way more beautiful!