Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ensemble Du Jour: 2-23-11

Even though the days are still cool, the bright skies feel like Spring.  It doesn't feel right to wear dark tones.  It's time for color!

I started with the shoes and worked from there.  I paired a tomato red Gap sweater, with a khaki pencil skirt and grey and white Nautica scarf.


I love this butterfly pin.  It was my grandmother's and is very intricate with movable wings.  I thought wearing it as a pin would be a nice tie back to my shoe details.

I just got these gorgeous crochet tights from Sock Dreams.  They're so beautiful.  I plan on wearing them with an airy white dress and oxfords this summer.

But, yep, it was all about the shoes!  I just received three (!!!) pairs of custom Hetty Rose shoes and these are the first to be unveiled.  I'm going to do some more romance shots but I couldn't wait to share!

I'm smitten by so many of her fabrics. It's hard to choose just one.  I love the butterflies, outlined in metallic ink with large embroidered butterflies in silver thread.




This design is the Amalie, which is my favorite shape.  A perfect round-toe pump paired with glorious fabrics.  How can you resist?

5 comments:

Lara said...

Looove those tights and the top-stitch detail on Hetty's shoes is so sweet!

Brigit said...

Those tights are just lovely and what amazing shoes!

Hallie said...

Cute shoes, those make me long for spring :) So excited to follow along to see your future posts! :)

Which of these amazing neutral wedges would you choose - if you HAD to?

http://coralsandcognacs.blogspot.com/2010/04/heeling-process.html

xx, Hallie

leanne pizio said...

Those are gorgeous! love!
Thanks you two for coming to the show tonight. The Copmptons rock!

ql said...

That looks amazing!