Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Eeeewwww!!!!

I know I'm being terribly biased and closed minded, but I just don't get these -



I admit that I need to broaden my horizons for my fashion choices but I just don't see how these could be attractive on anyone. They're definitely "interesting" and I see the style influences but they look very clumpy and clunky and uncomfortable and would just cut you leg off in some very unbecoming ways.

Is it just me?

Would you wear these? What would you wear with them? And would you pay over $400 for them?

Chie Mihara Platforms at Saks Fifth Avenue

7 comments:

SnapandPrint said...

Proabbly would not pay over $400 for them but i do find them inetretsing and may give them a "try-out" at the store if I saw them there.

Robo said...

To answer your questions, no, no, I have no idea, and absolutely not. I guess they're supposed to be a take on those Japanese sandals and then combining them with the open toe boot trend. Yeah no.

Ashe said...

I could see a Geisha Fashionista wearing them to fashion week or something like that. I do believe that there is definitely something awkward about them, though...

WendyB said...

I would try them on for sure. I like the Japanese sole.

MISS GLITZY said...

I agree with you and I'm really surprised by these platforms boots are they are so different from the usual style and design of Chie Mihara. They actually look uncomfortable and I know that the thong may hurts!

Julianne said...

I can't imagine they'd be comfortable at all, and I have mixed feelings on the way they look. Why is the shoe black and the platform brown?

Frankie said...

I personally am not a fan. Too clunky x