Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Subliminal influences

I'm still watching all my favorite old movies when they come on, trying to get back into good spirits. Tonight I was watching Mary Poppins and realized I recognized something familiar.

This is my jacket and my Lou Lou Loves You bow. I thought it was a bright and cheerful combo, right?



Then I realized I must have looked like Burt from the painting scene!



Not that I don't like this. I was just hoping I usually look more like Mary (practically perfect, right?) than Burt dancing like a penguin.

Nice.

Of course, it goes without saying I want that pink pony from the merry-go-round.

Also, I can't believe Dick Van Dyke. This man is 82 (+?) but he still can kick some ass. Did you see him in Night at the Museum? He does not age!



And since we're still on the subject of musicals... here's a clip just for fun. The most romantic scene EVAH!



Yum!

8 comments:

Robo said...

Aw I love Mary Poppins and Bert! That's one of my favourite movies ever, and I saw "them" at Disneyland on Sunday :)

Thanks for your hair vote!

Unknown said...

Hah, I think you'll like this, just watched it yesterday!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/markkermode/2008/11/top_ten_reasons_to_love_mary_p.html

Anonymous said...

I was the first one to audition for the role of Mary Poppins, until Julie Andrews decided to pull a "Tonya Harding" on me!

I dated Dick Van Dyke once. Nice guy, but Mary Tyler Moore got a little jealous. She pulled some strings in Hollywood and the next thing I know Dick dumped me and I was playing the stunt double for Mr. Ed!

Frankie said...

Dick van Dyke is like Lesley Nielsen - they will live forever! I love the jacket, by the way x

Lisa said...

Mary Poppins was one of my favourite movies as a kid! Have you seen the SNL spoof that Anne Hathaway did, the skit about what "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" really means?

Poochie said...

MommyD - That beyotch!

Lisa - I need to check that out. I haven't seen it.

Thanks everyone!

Luv
Poochie

Anonymous said...

allyou need is a white straw hat! i think they are going to be big this spring!
;)

Fashion_Loving_Stylist said...

I love that scene in the Sound of Music - well actually I LOVE the whole movie