Monday, October 13, 2008

Clear as Day

I just realized that I have a new love in shoes... the clear wedge. Clear heels were in last season but I only bought one pair and ended up not even really liking them. But the clear wedge... now that's a whole different matter. Much more sculptural and graphic than trashy, they look iconic.

Of course, you remember these Junko Shimadas that I MUST have.



I WILL have!



But I'm also very much interested in these bold hot pink, orange and black slingbacks from the Louis Vuitton Resort 2009 collection.



This whole collection is filled with great bursts of color and I think these heels are very pop art yet classic. (Thanks to nitrolicious for the images.)



But the one that got away were these Maison Martin Margielas. Ohhh... I cried when I waited too long to get them when they were on sale on YOOX. Silly silly girl.

They could be yours if you wear a 10.



I haven't seen a lot of this style yet but I think it could be very interesting for Spring. It's light and airy and brings a freshness to the wedge style.

3 comments:

WendyB said...

I have a great pair that my mother wore in the '80s.

WendyB said...

Look!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270285545095

Poochie said...

Darn! They're too big!

But... so close! And that's the heel too. Bummer.

Luv
Pocohie