Monday, June 2, 2008

Wedding Bells and Belted Cows

We went to a friend's wedding on Saturday and it was just gorgeous (albeit a little warm). The wedding was hosted at a location I hadn't been to yet - Fearrington Village. The grounds were beautiful and there looked to be a number of shops and restaurants in addition to the Inn and the grounds.

The wedding was outside under a huge tree and the reception was held in The Barn and yes, it was as pretty as this.




Because the wedding started in the afternoon, I wanted to look nice but not be too formal. The setting didn't lend to being dressed to formally either. I did end up wearing the black portrait collar dress with the eyelet edges. I guessed that we would be on grass for the ceremony, and we were, so I did bring my little Old Navy sandals. I'm glad I did because I saw many a girl sink into the grass and I would not have been a happy camper if that was me.


But I can't be without heels so I used the opportunity to wear my Prada flower heels. And they were stunning! They also got a good amount of attention. And I didn't break them on any of the bricks or cobblestones so it was a good night all around.

The bride was gorgeous as was the setting and food. The music rocked and it seemed to be a very low key but fun wedding. Congratulations K & C!

4 comments:

queengilda said...

*Gasp*!! i hate you!!! (just kidding) but i do want to steal those shoes from you!!! i love them. they're really pretty!!! i wanted like the entire prada/miumiu shoe collection this year! ahhh!

Poochie said...

Gilda

I had a thing for them too! So many gorgeous whimsical creations.

This one and the red tea cups were my favorites. The Prada heels are pretty high and thin so I was worried I was going to step into a cobblestone gap and crack them. Total paranoia! Luckily I made it through safely.

Luv
Poochie

WendyB said...

Yay for flower feet.

Anonymous said...

I love a good wedding and that setting looks beautiful.