Friday, June 13, 2008

Ensemble du Jour

The Outfit
I was all dressed this morning and on my way to work. I had planned on wearing my Alexander McQueen skirt from YOOX, then, as I started to leave I felt something hitting my leg.

Yeah. It was the stupid security sensor tag!!!!!

And I can't take the frigging thing into a store to get it taken off. So, as much as I wanted to wear it today, I had to do a last minute switch to what I actually wore.

I pulled out this little skirt from Anthropologie and my scoopneck tee from Target.



What I liked about the skirt was the feather pattern and the overlapping pieces of fabric with distressed edges which give it more of a texture matching the pattern.



I also added one of my new Target beaded necklaces. I like the texture but this does tend to lose little fibers as you wear it.



The Focal Point
I can't say that I have one really because I was so annoyed by the stupid stupid tag. The skirt pattern set the tone for everything else. I haven't worn this skirt since last summer and I may have actually worn these sandals with it. Hmmm...

These cute Jimmy Choo sandals have a funny story with them. We were visiting Orlando with my in-laws a while back. I love the Jimmy Choo store there and we just had to pop-in to see what they had.

Uh oh, big sale.

I was trying on these leopard print sandals and another pair of these cafe au lait sparkly sandals and just couldn't decide which to get.





My M-i-L surprised me by saying she would get one pair so I could get the other. Whoo Hoo!

As we were paying the hubby and my F-i-L walked in and essentially were like "Aaack! What's going on here?!?"

Busted!

I had to profess my innocence. I swear I didn't do any mind tricks or anything.







Then later that night they were asking us how much the shoes cost (always a dangerous question, right?). When we finally 'fessed up, my F-i-L said, "I thought the would have been more."

I said, "Let's go back to the store right now!"





Aren't they delightful? I soooo love them. Thanks again, guys!

Smooches!

6 comments:

fashiontemptress said...

Wow, what a cool MIL, wish I was that lucky! But at least the FIL and my hubby spoil me.........

Poochie said...

She is awesome!!!

Much love for the MiL, FiL and the Hubby!

Luv
Poochie

Anonymous said...

That skirt is divine...

Poochie said...

Thank you Susie!

Coming from a skirt connoisseur, such as yourself that means a lot!

Luv
Poochie

WendyB said...

Your little piggies look so happy in those shoes.

queengilda said...

oooh sexy!