Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Ensemble du Jour

The Outfit
Yes, I'm wearing layers and dark brown tights and warm stuff because it's cold and wet and rainy. I'd rather be wearing my Bettye Muller Coast sunny, pretty, floral-y slingbacks.

But no, it's raining again today and it's predicted to rain into next week. Yuck!

But we need the rain, so no complaining I guess. I'm wearing a dark brown cardigan, burgundy camisole and navy pencil skirt, all from Target. Some dark brown tights and my copper bubble necklace from Etsy.



The necklace also has these lovely faceted garnets on either side of the pendant.



The Focal Point
Being warm in my brown tights as well as tonal wearing my dark brown suede Casadei pom-pom mary jane heels.



The pom-poms are made of suede too and are in dark brown and a deep brick red.



Because of my arch I had to do a little shoe surgery on these - I ended up cutting the straps and then re-sewing them together so they didn't press as hard on the top of my foot. Now they are totally comfortable.



Sometimes you have to do a bit of cobbling to get your pieces to adapt to you. Not the other way around.

6 comments:

WendyB said...

Wow! Great shoes.

Poochie said...

Thanks, Miss Wendy!

Hope you had a good trip to LA!

Luv
Poochie

Anonymous said...

why would you wear suede when it's going to rain? that doesn't seem too bright.

Poochie said...

That would be true if I'm going to go out walking in the rain, which I would never do. I wear driving shoes to and from the car or, for today, wellies, to protect me from the rain.

The shoes come and go either in their shoebox or a shoe bag. Then I can wear all the nice shoes in the office!

: )
Make sense?

Luv
Poochie

Vicki said...

Hi,

I am a lurker - love those shoes! Anyway, I am part of a online sewing community and was nominated for an excellent blog award. I get to nominate 10 blogs for that award as well. I nominated you for the award! We sewists can just about whip anything up but those shoes are a hassle! Love your blog.

Best wishes
Vicki

Poochie said...

Vicki,

Thank you so much! I'm so excited! I'm going to have to hire you to sew me up some fabulous creations. Or bug you for some tips. My sewing is hopeless.

Luv
Poochie